Monday, October 05, 2009

Beck Live-action! Fall 2010

Okay, okay. So I haven't watched the anime. But I did like their opening song Hit in the USA a couple of years ago! I just can't get into anime anymore these days... Watching real people is just more fascinating to me. Anyway back to the topic. Yea, Beck is an anime about a rock band (or something along those lines. Wikipedia tells me that the story focuses on the trials and tribulations of a band called BECK.)

But the reason I'm all excited is because of the HOTerrific cast!

Mizushima Hiro will be someone called Minami Ryusuke (Apparently he's the lead character.) He's a little too skinny for me but he is a decent actor by Jdorama standards (Hana Kimi, Zettai Kareshi, Mei-chan no Shitsuji).

Osamu Mukai will be smiling again as Yoshiyuki Taira. Hmmm, he's playing another white-haired guy... (Not like I'm complaining, I &hearts this guy! :-P) Previous doramas: Nodame Cantabile, Seigi no Mikata, Mei-chan no Shitsuji

Sato Takeru as Koyuki, whoever that is. Sato also acted in Mei-chan no Shitsuji, he's a feisty one there and I have a sneaking suspicion that I might have spied him sporting a tutu in Princess Princess D (only watched an episode because cross-dressing ain't my thing).

You might have already guessed it, but yes! The Beck live-action casting news is awesome because I'm currently watching Mei-chan no Shitsuji! It's a slap-sticky story about butlers and the ladies they serve (a fan-girl's dream) and it's awful when they try to be sentimental but the hilarious bits are worth it. And I wouldn't miss a chance to watch these 3 in action again! :)


Another thing to look forward to in Beck! Kiritani Kenta!&hearts (Crows Zero, Ryusei no Kizuna, Kurosagi) He was hilarious in Ryusei no Kizuna and I liked him in Crows Zero (utterly pointless but it has its cool factor).

Anyway, I'm planning to watch Atashinchi no Danshi after Mei-chan if I can get the episodes from my roommate, Shu, hee hee... (More Osamu Mukai!) But I have to keep in mind that exams are coming, deadlines are looming and there are tests to cram for... The last few weeks before exams are always the most painful.

Ouch.

PS: Blogger is giving me problems with larger pictures. I blame Ketsana. (Click for close-ups.)

No comments: