Monday, November 30, 2009

Drama Review: Easy Fortune Happy Life


Drama : Easy Fortune Happy Life (福氣又安康)
Year : 2009
Cast : Joe Chen, Blue Lan, Roy Xiu, Jocelyn Wang, Gino
Episodes: 17


Oh, the cheesefest! I don't usually pick up Taiwanese dramas but how can I miss another Chen Qiao En drama? Currently on my drama list is Easy Fortune Happy Life (2009) and I'm trying my best to trudge through it all... I miss Ethan Ruan from Fated to Love You (that drama was hilarious!!! Ji Bao Bei!), on the other hand, Blue Lan's so different! Kind of scary-looking and reserved-ish. But when he smiles, it's worth the watch! &hearts Roy Xiu, omg, SO PRETTY. The gangster get-up however is so Mike He ala Devil Beside You. (And Qiao En's next drama is with Roy Xiu! Bwahahahha, I'm soo watching that...)

The oh-so-rare smile...

THE PLOT: Dramawiki tells me that Easy Fortune Happy Life (don't even get me started on that title) begins with Yan Da Feng who is a rich, arrogant, hot tempered, bad boy who refuses to honor his grandfather's wish to marry an ordinary country girl, Xie Fu An, who is studying herbal remedies with her grandmother. To get out of the marriage, he sends a killer (Roy Xiu, who is completely LOL-worthy as a compassionate, food critic/gangster) to get rid of her. And that's basically it, with other plot devices thrown in.

Roy: I peel carrots waaay better than you!

I'm only up to episode 6, and I can see that while it won't reach Joe Chen's previous drama successes, it'll be an entertaining ride all the same. I don't really like the supporting characters much, but Gino as a nerd is HOT. I've only seen him in gangsta outfits before (e.g. Smiling Pasta, Prince Turns to Frog) and this is a marked improvement! I have to seriously switch off my brain when I watch TW dramas or I might just fall into one of their many glaring plot holes and lose my mind. Hahahha... The gags and acting take some getting used to, but once you've gotten used to it, enjoyment kicks in. =)

The BTS cracks me up!

It's airing on 8TV now on weekday nights but it's so far ahead (the good bits are nearly always at the beginning), so I watch it elsewhere... ^^

P/S: I'm taking a break from Smile, You and You're Beautiful because my Streamyx line at home is really slow (if only my dear mother would change the aztech password, I have a feeling we're supplying the neighbours with free Internet...)

1 comment:

Jack Ikan said...

mana lu cari korean drama?
i have the feeling that im too free xD