Saturday, November 07, 2009

The Fang Craze

I know, I know, I blog waaay too much about TV shows when there's more raging matters at hand. Like the climate. Or the foolishness of youth. Or my final year project. Or the fact that 2012 is drawing nearer! (If you believe the Mayans.)

Moving on...
Bring on the fog machines!

The Vampire Diaries is actually a book series by L.J. Smith, which has been adapted for the small screen on the CW (Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill). The L.A. Times calls it a “good old fashioned gothic love story.” No surprise at all there since Twilight and True Blood are already mega popular. Something about a vampire's allure and the average watcher's predilection with blood and murder (e.g. CSI) has got people watching this. I'm no Twilight fan, I stand firm with my stance that the books are rubbish. The gorgeous actors, however, are worth going to the cinema for. True Blood's a fond pasttime of mine. &hearts

L-R: Paul Wesley, Nina Dobrey & Boone (hee hee)

THE CAST: Ian Somerhalder, Damon Salvatore in Vampire Diaries, is pure eyecandy (though I think he's developed a slight case of gayface after his stint as Boone in Lost) and Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore is hilarious to me (I BROOD! SEXY!) and he even has mannerisms similar to Chuck from Gossip Girl. Ah. The cheesefest! But I love it! Nina Dobrey as Elena Gilbert (what a name) is pretty enough though she annoys me with her voice-overs and Avril Lavigne-esque hair but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. Her brother, Jeremy Gilbert bears a strong resemblance to Supernatural's Dean (also a CW show). Just an observation. Anyway, I'm only 3 episodes in, and I really like Bonnie's character (who's apparently descended from the Salem witches) and she's started to reveal some hitherto unknown psychic abilities...

Katerina Graham as Bonnie Bennett

This is just something I'm trying out due to my pesky sister, Vadee's, badgering. I'm still giving it a chance, critics say episode 6 and onwards are better so I'll have to take their word for it. I'm not sure if this show has reached Malaysian shores yet, or Glee for that matter (which I'm currently lovin'! It gets better and better.)

Lately, I've gotten addicted to Bunga Citra Lestari's ballads... I like her voice and lyrics. They're also good to listen to in the gloomy weather these days. Cinta Pertama and Ingkar are my absolute faves... :)

P/S: I'm doing my best to post more frequently. Can you tell? =D

No comments: