Wednesday, December 16, 2009

KK Hobbycon 2009 at Citymall

...where Sabahan anime and manga lovers unite. &hearts

Not that I'm an otaku or anything but I was once upon a time, therefore I could not resist this!!!


I missed the one in Asiacity Mall last year and apparently it was awesome. I feel like subjecting one of my little sisters to cosplay as something next year! *evil laugh* This year it was held at Citymall, Kota Kinabalu which is a really good choice (less pilaks) on the 11th and 12th of December. Anyway, there were a lot of those lolita girls when I was there because there was a lolita competition going on (the horror). The little stores there sold oddball things like paper crafts, magic and illusion items, full army gear (wtf), gundams and other figurines (very expensive) among other things.

There's a little Jedi in there, somewhere...

Even the kind of people visited this place were strange. I saw a lot of mature women who dressed like teenagers (rather trashy), disturbing uncles in cosplay with big cameras as well as your average bunch of otakus... Sabah Institute of Art was involved with this event too. (Figures. I'm starting to think that they're involved in all the coolest things). Tourists were also mighty interested in this event. They get really excited over Japanese things.

The only cosplayers I recognized was L from Death Note, Naruto, Kakashi, a really odd looking Sakura and Gaara (also Naruto), the FF7 crew (I swear, there were at least 2 Cloud Strifes brandishing gigantic swords there), Li Syaoran (Cardcaptor Sakura), a Star Wars cosplayer (Obi Wan Kenobi, is that you?) and the rest I couldn't make a head or tail of who they were. At least they tried, right? Gotta admire their bravery.

Anyway, on to the important stuff! Here are pictures of some of my favourite cosplayers:

Kakashi has the hots for my sister... XD


Whoever-she-is: I AM AWESOME. BOW TO ME.


This totally takes attitude to pull off... Intense!


Vocaloid characters... From Palmeria or something. Nice pose.


MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE


Hani from Ouran High School Host Club!!!I saw her from a distance and I was like, is that..? She was skipping around with Usa-chan and was so cute, I wanted to give her a hug. Then when she met Haruhi (another Ouran cosplayer), they were beside themselves in joy and kept dancing around in circles! *dies from cuteness*

MISC




There's a lot more photos but I picked the cream of the crop, I don't have that many pics, I was there for all of two hours then I had to dash to meet some friends at Yoyo. And I apologize for my rather lacking photography skills.

After all that, I feel that, hell yeah, I'll definitely go next year! On the pretense of accompanying my sisters... Real Reason: Some of these cosplayers don't look half bad. In a weird, hair-gelly, bad wiggie kind of way. Lol!!!

Toodles! &hearts

No comments: