Friday, January 08, 2010

Church Set on Fire in KL

I have never been more disappointed in a group of people than I have been today. (Can I really say that truthfully?) We actually had to turn back from going to church today because my friend received a frantic call from her father about a church in Desa Melawati, Kuala Lumpur being set on fire last night. What if someone had died?!

Major Malaysian online newspapers (The Star, NST) have so far ignored this incident at the time of this post. International news websites (this one and this one) have however published the story a few hours after the incident. Aside from that, the Herald (a Christian news circulation) website has been hacked at least 3 times and so has the Malaysian Judiciary website. For shame. And the Arabs are laughing at us.

A part of me hates reading newspapers lately because they bear nothing but sad news. I usually let things like this float by. No worries. But today, I'll let myself be sad. Just this once.

But what can we do? Forgive and pray for these arsonists.

Update: THEY ATTACKED A CATHOLIC CHURCH IN PJ. DISGUSTING. 1Malaysia, my tush. Oh and The Star and NST have finally 'noticed'. Meanwhile, a third Protestant Church suffered a similar attack in PJ. I don't even want to keep count anymore.

Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." Luke 23:34

3 comments:

Replay said...

very stupid act

varms said...

no kidding... it makes them look bad, so yay for us!

silveraven said...

>:(

i'm so angry!