Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January Quickie

It's that time of the month again! (Wait, not that kind.) The time where I can't be bothered to name my posts because they are chock-full of scattered ramblings and thoughts that are neither deep nor meaningful. Which kind of reminds me of a phone conversation I had with my sister recently...

Vadee: So what are you doing now?
Me: Watching my period dramas... (I was watching Sense & Sensibility)
Vadee: Why do you like watching period dramas so much?
Dad: *muttering in the background* Oh, I get it, she's having her monthlies again.
Vadee: HAHAHHAHAHAHHA! She means old costume dramas!
Me: *dies*

And that is why I refer to them simply as costume dramas now.

On to other news, I have finished my lab work for my final year project! Yippee! ^^ This means I can start writing my thesis now and not spend hours at the lab... This semester's kind of laid-back for me since I'm only taking 3 subjects this semester...&hearts (But all of them equally tough...) *nods head*

TV talk:


Flashforward was awesome! I finished all 10 episodes... Can't wait for more!!! The mystery, the unpredictability, JACK DAVENPORT... White people sure like Japan for some odd reason. Yuko Takeuchi (of jodramas, Queen of Lunchtime and Pride fame) was a nice surprise. They didn't cast an unknown this time unlike Heroes' Hiro. Creator David Goyer promises some massive reveals in March... (Yup, they moved up the date!) I have something to anticipate this year! =)


And The Private Lives of Pippa Lee deserves honorable mention too for making me sit through it continuously even though it should have been called Outrageous Pippa Lee's Mid-life Crisis (but then who would watch it?). Blake Lively played the part of a younger version of Pippa Lee and Keanu Reeves was in it, thank heavens for small blessings. I was starting to think it was irredeemable. I think it helped me understand my mother more though. In short, not a bad movie.


And since I am so behind in movie-watching, I have only just finished watching Star Trek (2009) today and it was the best thing ever (this week)!!! One word: SYLAR. I don't know if it was intentionally hilarious but I laughed a lot, it was so over-the-top geeky, Zachary Quinto, how do you keep a straight face? John Cho was in here too as Sulu! *fangirl* I love anything sci-fi except for the ones that are simply an excuse for blowing up gross-looking aliens (ANYTHING with Sigourney Weaver and Vin Diesel). The Star Wars saga is unbelievably good too but you could never make me watch the Star Trek series... (Young Patrick Stewart? @_@) Fingers crossed for Star Trek 2! (in June 2012 if the world doesn't end.)

So much for maturing this year.

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Spock-

No comments: