Saturday, February 06, 2010

Don't Take This Too Hard But...

I'm re-posting this from my course-mate's FB status update which I thought was pretty kick-ass...

An old grandpa once said...

Whatever you give a woman, she will make it greater.
Give her sperm, she will give you a baby.
Give her a house, she will give you a home.
Give her groceries, she will give you a meal.
Give her a smile and she will give you her heart.
She multiplies and enlarges what she is given.
So if you give her crap, be ready to receive a tonne of shit!


Lol... okay, okay, enough with the overt feminism. On other things, I'm glad to hear that my sister got her birthday present alright... I ordered it from this website and it got to her in two days flat after payment. In Kota Kinabalu! They're amazingly efficient!! And CIMB Clicks is amazing too (which I never bothered to use before this)! The wonders of Internet banking... =)

I got her the one in pink...

My current problem? My youngest sister's birthday is tomorrow. Sisters! Gah. It's one after the other.

Actually, I just came back from UMT's Malam Kebudayaan Tahun Baru Cina, it's the second one I've attended since studying here... I enjoyed watching the breakdancers from Penang (HOT ABS!) and UMT's Taming Sari dance (so uniform, it was great to watch). The yoyo people from Taiwan weren't bad too. And the program director, Bernard, totally looks like Ikuta Toma (really!). I went together with Ah Bak and Fu Wei and met up with Ai Yin there. But I thought the Fa Mulan play they had last year was epic!!! The angry glares! The fierce facial hair! The clashing of paper-foil spears! The fearsome Shan Yu's bull's head belt! Ah, the good ol' days...

UPDATE: I found pics!!! But I'll upload just the one... Because I look hideous in the others...

Pic credit: Wong Kang Wei (blue tie)

My camera battery was DEAD D: when I checked before I left the house, so no pictures sadly... But if I can get any somewhere I might update but chances are low considering how busy I am this week... TWO TESTS. An assignment during the hols. And 2 presentations to prepare for after CNY. *stressed*

I'm totally breaking out here. In god-forsaken zits.

Deep breaths, Vanessa. I'm going to recuperate in my bed of roses now and let the Sandman do his job. Nightie night, folks! ^^

.
.
.
.
.
.

P/S: I received some deeply saddening news a few hours ago. All my thoughts and prayers go out to my cousins and their father for their loss...

4 comments:

Philip Foon Weng Lian said...

Indeed..he looks exactly like Ikuta Toma...haha

varms said...

He agrees! I'm not the only one! XD

Replay said...

damn! i missed this event again!

varms said...

Do your Masters here, Jenny... Then you can go next year... ^^