Monday, February 08, 2010

February Quickie!

Side note: It's a bit early in the month for one of these, but I felt like rambling while I feel oh-so-free at the moment...

Two tests down, thank bejeebies! Though that Asas Keusahawanan test was really something alright. And I might have to run another analysis for my FYP (hope all goes well)... I can't wait for my sis, Sara to come down to Kuala Terengganu for uni break! Though I have no idea where exactly to bring her... Pancakes at Pok Wan? Coney dogs at Ugly Rock? Roti canai at Hot Hot? Or maybe a safari-themed restaurant like NR or sushi by Alistair (Ming Star)? Hahaha, how can any of these compare with enigmatic sights of KL? =_=

Unless I go to Sekayu or Kenyir... Which reeks of BAD IDEA. I can't even remember the way to church here after 3 years (wth and I've been going almost every week!), much less tourist destinations an hour away. That's how bad my sense of direction is. I can manage any place with a straight road like UMT or Giant/Mydin and that's as good as it gets. XD

Anyway, worse comes to worst, we'll just have a Vampire Diaries marathon and after that, maybe I'll make her watch Chuck? Though I think she'd rather stab her eyes with popcorn kernels than watch Chuck.

As some of my friends (and family) might already know, I'm quite the rom-com movie junkie. Anything remotely chick flick-y and I'm there in a shot. But so many recent ones have disappointed me already like The Ugly Truth (not sweet at all, kind of crude) and Ghost of Girlfriend's Past (bleh chemistry between Garner and McConnaughey). I liked Leap Year though, but only just (I have a soft spot for Amy Adams and Matthew Goode after Chasing Liberty).

Two movies I'd recommend this week?

Bandslam and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (well, if you're a girl).


Bandslam [2009] starring Alyson Michalka, Vanessa Hudgens and Gaelan Connell to name a few, is not as cheesy a film as you think, it's very charming in an offbeat way. I think they marketed it all wrong though by using Vanessa Hudgens' star power. I enjoyed it hugely even though my high school days are long over. The movie's about a dorky guy (Will) and a popular girl (Charlotte) creating a rock band for a competition, Bandslam. It had a lot of positive reviews despite not performing well in the box office. But I do appreciate it for what it is and that crazy drummer guy totally stole the show for me. :P


Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 [2008] is a tale of friendship held together by a pair of pants. Lol. Only watch if a) you liked the first movie b) you're of the fairer sex c) you're a die-hard fan for either Blake Lively, Alexis Bledel or America Ferrera or d) you love the books. My only complaint is that they seemed to have replaced Aaron Yoo with some other guy. Hmph. DID YOU THINK I WOULDN'T NOTICE?


Whoa there. Me thinks it's time to take a rest. Over and out. :)

No comments: