Monday, February 15, 2010

Dragon Babies


I LOVED 2009. The Year of the Earth Ox was hecka good to Dragons, mostly! My grades improved, my driving got loads better, I actually learnt how to cook (thanks Billie & Liyana!), finally got a camera and much more. The only awful part last year is that my English seems to have deteriorated somewhat. Wtfbananas. (SEE?!) But next year, I have no words to describe the bad fortunes that seem to be on every Feng Shui-yada-yada masters' predictions...

According to Singaporean Feng Shui Master Tan Khoon Yong (never heard of him):

The Dragon in 2010:
Surrounded by contingencies and making you feel helpless.
(Just what I needed... Less money... Urgh.)

On another 'helpful' site:
- Dragons may have very bad wealth opportunities this year. (Here we go again.)
- Dragons may have some study opportunities this year. (GREAT! I think.)

However, (is that a silver lining I see?) there are some good ones out there, thankfully... Such as:

1. Dragon people will be able to live a contented life through their will power in the coming Chinese Year. (Only through sheer will power will I be contented... Sounds excruciating.)

2. In 2010, Dragons are going to learn some new skills that will help them achieve many things in future. (Hah, isn't that what your 20s are for? Shaping you up for achievements in your 30s?)

Truth be told, I don't know why I even bother. Maybe it's because I'm slightly superstitious. In a skeptic har-har kind of way and I'm probably one of those kind of people who flip through several different horoscopes of the day and settle for the one I like the most.

At the end of the day, you make your own luck. Take it in your stride and should you ever get confused, here's a modern quote for all you answer-seekers:

When life gives you questions, Google has answers! (Though not necessarily good ones).


Nah, this one's better. Those old geezers really knew what they were talking about. =)

"Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down." ~Charles F. Kettering


Pic credit: bluebison.net

2 comments:

Air said...

Kalau tak dipecahkan ruyung,mana kan dapat sagunya - Vanessa can Cook!!

varms said...

Haha, yeah... :)