Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dresses to Drool Over

I'm no fashion expert but now and then I see really GAWJUSSS dresses on the red carpet and I know not what to do except wish I was blond and fair so I could even look a quarter as amazing as these actresses...

Rachel McAdams and Cameron Diaz

Can you say Oscar's? One of my favourite times of the year! Next to the Grammy and Emmy Awards... Rachel McAdams' colouring goes so well with her watercolor dress and Cameron's looking less like a train wreck this year... I AM SO MEAN. Her golden dress is very pretty but I'm not so sure I like her hair... Do blondes look good in everything?! Sheesh. *throws hands up in frustration*

Kristen Stewart and Abbie Cornish

Above are the darker dresses I rather liked as seen on Kristen Stewart (who looks like she feels good about herself today! Pat yourself on the back because you should!) and Abbie Cornish who looks the best I've seen her in...ever. I thought all four of these ladies owned the carpet at Oscar's. Elizabeth Banks looked amazing too but I lost the photo in my extensive photo stash. Heh.

Other events...


Josh Duhamel/Fergie and Seal/Heidi Klum

These photos of the couples above were from an earlier event, the Golden Globes, meant to post them earlier but I was hesitant because Vanessa just doesn't do fashion! Anyway, it was raining, which accounts for the umbrellas and close proximity (call me an old-fashioned crone, I don't care!!) but I felt that it sort of romanticized the event.

This is one of my all-time favourite red carpet dresses on pre-grunge phase Dakota Fanning! Taken during the premiere of her movie Push a year or so ago...

I know I don't go for edgy when I like something, I go for girly dresses that are easy on the eyes yet still hold a whiff sophistication. These are the kinds of dresses I would kill for. Yet, I LOVE the loud dresses that Katy Perry wears. Not too crazy but kooky enough to garner people's interest.

I should really get some sleep now in case my haze of sleepiness has clouded my sense of better judgment of Katy Perry. Going shopping tomorrow!!! (Maybe my upcoming course dinner spurred on this post, hmmm... Haven't decided what to wear yet...)

2 comments:

F@UZEE said...

"Cameron's looking less like a train wreck this year... I AM SO MEAN." - fashion is mean and I love it... LOL!

p/s: secretly loving Sandra Bullock's dress... hehe...

Vanessa said...

I think I'm just not sarcastic enough for fashion... Sandra's dress was really glitzy, it screams OSCARS! I liked her shiny hair...