Monday, March 29, 2010

Flashforward continued...

I was so occupied these last few days that I have only just realized that Flashforward started again last week with a two hour premiere! I sort of wish they never stopped because I was a bit confused with their situation, not having watched the show for two months. Timbaland had a cameo at the ending of Episode 3: Blowback as an officer in charge of storage. Lol, I wonder if he was bored or something with producing.

Anyway, I realized I skipped to Episode 13 without watching the premiere (no wonder I was so confused! This episode was really dreary and Aaron (Tracy's dad) suddenly got possessed by the dad from hostage thriller movie 'Taken' (2008) and went Rambo on Jericho operatives. I am getting tired frankly, from the really slow character development. Janis (Christine Woods) and Bryce (Zachary Knighton) are my favorites on the show but they hardly get any screen time in Ep 13. I really hope they step it up soon because I hate to see a great story go to waste. Sometimes a little development goes a long way.

I feel sad because I felt the same way with 4400, before it ultimately got canceled. There's this nagging feeling that tells you, it's not enough! They need more DRAMA, surprises and yeah, sex appeal helps too (it worked with Vampire Diaries, CSI, True Blood, Gossip Girl and any other successful TV show in history). If people stop caring about the show, the show will get canceled. Unless you have a very dedicated fan base who will do anything for you (e.g. Chuck) and Flashforward has failed to make anyone care about any of the characters yet.

With dipping ratings and actors that have been cast in new TV shows next season, the future for Flashforward looks bleak, which is a bummer. Like when they canceled '4400', American TV shows tend to spring this on 'ya sometimes. I'll just enjoy the ride for now, and bask in the accents of Jack Davenport and Dominic Monaghan. :)

On another note,

Vampire Diaries is back better than ever! Hahahhaha, I think it'll be a long time yet till I ever tire of this show. And I'm hooked on KBS' variety TV show Invincible Youth!!! This show gives me stitches. I adore Kim Tae Woo, Narsha and Yuri here. Love! Narsha and Kim Tae Woo are in a Samsung Anycall CF. Too bad Vanessa and Samsung phones just don't go together.

2 comments:

kristensoong said...

I love the samsung commercial too. it's such a cute song and commercial. And I looove invincible youth. Narsha always makes me laugh.... lol.

varms said...

She makes me laugh too!! Adult idol indeed... I'm starting to like this Kim Tae Woo guy too...