Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Football Fevah (is catching...)


I must be hanging out with the wrong people here. WHY IS IT THAT NO ONE I KNOW HERE APPEARS TO GIVE A S*** ABOUT FOOTBALL? Or maybe it's unusual that I'm actually taking an interest in the World Cup this year? It only comes every four years and this is usually when I'll join my dad watching football and betting on whatever team he's not betting on, bwahahhahaha... This year, I'm inspired by the amount of support coming from South Korean citizens that I've decided to support South Korea!!! (Though I definitely do not like Super Junior's World Cup song much...)


I catch all the games with Asians in it (LOL), my friend thinks I think like a communist in the days of Japan's takeover of Asia. Hmph. Anyway, it's largely because I enjoy and respect their culture so much. I even supported North Korea last night with Brazil, they looked so military-ish and their coach was so round and kept pointing here and there (like Shinchan!) but that was before I laid eyes on Kaka. I'm SOLD! He looooooks way better than that orange gigolo.


Things I noticed in the World Cup (a girl's perspective)

1. South Koreans have really supportive fans!

2. If you mess up at the World Cup, they'll never let you live it down. (Eg: Robert Butterfingers Green) My dad thought he ought to be shot. XD But I wouldn't give him a hard time over that as long as he doesn't repeat it.

3. Brazilians have a really graceful way of playing the game, it's really nice to watch.

4. Some of them play like they've got something to lose. Like Fabiano (Brazil) who looked pretty agitated last night (HE PLAYS DIRTY). And the North Koreans. There were funny rumors that Kim Jong Il's gonna do something if they get beaten at the World Cup. It's a pity though that they didn't win because the match isn't going to be televised in North Korea if they lose.

5. Watch out for blond Japanese men.

6. KAKA is HOT. And well and truly married. Still easy on the eyes though.

7. Germany was awesome!! Either that or Australia was just really bad.

I think I only caught five games altogether. I want to watch Spain tonight but I have a stinkin' bus to catch tonight to KL (*sob*SPANISH MEN*cough*). So I'll probably just see if Chile lives up to their boasts.

KL here I comeee!!! Again. Probably won't be blogging for a week. I'm kind of lazy and feeling completely out of it this month (someone is putting me in a really bad mood). But it all changed yesterday when I got my first paycheck! *happiness*

But after paying bills, the feeling died. Figures.

5 comments:

MissiLee said...

oh no...not the person u told me about i hope..Anyways, have a grand ball in KL with ur family!!! =)

varms said...

Nope... I will!!!

S. KOREA LOST AGAINST ARGENTINA!!! I am so bummed.

Gallivanter said...

Germany is not really awesome, because Australia made them look good. I'm a huge German fan, and despite the loss to Serbia, I still think they could make the next round, but it will be very very close!

varms said...

Awesome! Gallivanter reads my blog!

I was bummed for a few days when South Korea lost to Agentina... But now that they're in the Top 16, I've bounced back to happy again! :D

Jessica Lyne said...

I'm not so big on World Cup, mainly because I don't have a favorite team. My dad thinks i'm weird because I'm such a huge fan of Manchester United but completely disinterested when it comes to WC..haha But when I do watch a match, gotta watch out for the cuties AND some good footie actions or else it will be a complete waste of time..hehe. Oh yes, Kaka is a babe:)