Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Why I Love Twitter


1. You can post all sorts of things that your parents, siblings, colleagues, lecturers, boss, distant relatives and friends can't see unless they follow you on Twitter or stalk you on a regular basis.

2. You don't have to crank up your brain for ideas to write a long post on your blog because there's a 140 characters limit.

3. You can follow really cool famous people and have a glimpse at what an ordinary day is like for them. My favorite Malaysians on Twitter are Khairy Jamaluddin (incredible sense of humor!), Andy from Estranged (whom I follow based on purely superficial reasons, hee hee), Marion Caunter, Daphne Iking, Jason Lo, Henry Golding (for much the same reasons as Andy), the beautiful Jojo Struys and many others. I suppose a lot more famous Malaysians have Twitter but I don't bother to follow them... Take your pick.

4. You can keep up with the latest scoop or the latest goss on your favorite TV shows!!! By following their main cast on Twitter. For Glee, loads of them have Twitter (Harry Schum Jr. is my fave though) and for Vampire Diaries, there's Nina Dobrev (Elena), Ian Somerhalder (Damon) as well as Katerina Graham (Bonnie).

5. If you're into politics, you can follow your fave politician, lol! I don't care much about political crap so I just follow Najib and Obama on Twitter (I'm probably following their secretaries or PR person). Sometimes I think they get Twitter just to show people that yes, they are getting with the times and to show people how diligently they're working for YOU.

6. Follow MAS or Air Asia on Twitter to get the latest news of discounts, offers and free seats!

7. You can see what a majority of the Twitterverse is abuzz about today by checking the trending topics. Like some sportsman halfway across the world. Or Biebermania. Or the hilarious age of Yorais! I can never forget that one. If you're someone in a high position, NEVER diss social networking sites, it will come back to bite you in the ass. The man even has his own hashtag, #yorais.

8. Keep up-to-date with the latest scientific findings or news all over the world. They're even faster than the news because they're still unofficial statements.

9. You know that old adage, anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung? In a literal context, anything I deem too silly to write as a Facebook status update, is tweeted. To preserve myself from having to join the Facebook group, eh? kena delete.

10. A lot of Korean artists have taken to using Twitter recently. I don't understand Hangul but who cares?! Kekekeke.... There's always the pictures or Google Translate.

Ah, Twitter. Is anyone looking forward to the first World Cup with Twitter?


"A little birdie told me..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

found these twitter-related stuffs on the internet i think u might wanna check it out:


http://lifehacker.com/5207514/six-ways-you-should-be-using-twitter-that-dont-involve-breakfast


http://blog.fazai38.com/index.php/2009/04/18/top-10-twitter-icons-for-download/


when oh when will i get the courage to create a twitter account.. Starting is the hardest part for a prolific procrastinator like me. Minggu ni mesti buat!!

this post really open my eyes on what we can really do with twitter.. im sure other readers feel the same. Thnx!

p/s: U should promote this blog van *honest compliment* =)

varms said...

Then I wouldn't be able to make it personal anymore... I like it the way it is now... :)

Air said...

I shud start writting why I havent start tweeting :P