Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Coming up: Hotaru no Hikari Season 2!



The drama gods heard my prayers or peeked in my drama wishlist because kicking off this summer is Hotaru no Hikari Season 2!!! If there's any flaw with the first season, it's that the drama ended with an open ending and there was hardly any character development. Such an nerve-grating but sweet series. I haven't felt the urge to burn Ayase Haruka at the stake yet, which might not be the case with some other Japanese 'actresses'.


Plus they're bringin' in Osamu Mukai. Oh sweet Jesus. Might spazz out now from happiness at this dream casting. He's a little stiff yes but hopefully not as wooden as his predecessor in Season 1, Kato Kazuki. His presence in any drama is somewhat comforting. I even stuck through the intensely annoying Mei-chan no Shitsuji for him but I cried off at the end. The awfulness just hit the ceiling then.

I wonder what this spells for the Buchou-Hotaru connection? Fujiki Naohito is as evergreen as ever (it's so weird that he hasn't aged since GTO... *suspicious*) but he's as soft spoken and gentlemanly as ever. Though I do wonder when Japanese actors will learn to leave their eyebrows alone. But of course I'll be on Team Buchou during the run of this drama! *\(^_^)/*

Hotaru no Hikari 2 will start broadcasting on the 7th of July. I didn't expect to find something good so soon after finishing Yankee-kun to Megane-chan and as you can see, I'm pretty stoked.

It's himono-onna time again! ^^

Pic credit: Dramawiki

No comments: