Saturday, September 04, 2010

The Lies That Keep Us Happy

When you were small, sometimes parents like to sugarcoat reality to keep you happy or rather, off their backs for a few more years without being asked the same question over and over again.

Maybe it keeps you in that happy land where your next thought is when am I gonna go to the playground again? Or CAANNDDY! Or let's play Tourguide Barbie and marry her to that legless Ken doll (the only one I ever owned)!

Anyway, this was one of those times...

------------

Me: Mummy, why do I have such a lot of leg hair?? I thought girls weren't supposed to be hairy!

Mum: Don't worry, dear. It will all fall off when you're older.

Me: Really?

Mum: Really.

Me:*skips gaily away*
------------


Moral of the story: Mums can be such good liars.

Little did I know back then that she was probably referring to this:

*insert heavenly music*


=_=

No comments: